Well, I think it’s safe to say life as we know it has changed forever. The COVID-19 pandemic has changed our lives forever. The way that we do things is drastically different. Even running to the grocery, you can’t forget to “grab your mask.” We all had to learn how to work from home, juggle the kids and the dog (and our husbands – ha!) being teachers for our children (let me tell you I wanted to call in a substitute after day one) all while trying to get on that 2:00 pm conference call, make dinner and do the laundry. Whew! That’s a lot. And with everything closed, we were not able to get our hair done, go to the nail salon, do all of the things that make us feel good about ourselves. Needless to say, it’s been a tough couple of months hasn’t it?
If you are reading this, chances are you are thinking about doing something for yourself. And you deserve it now more than ever. It’s so important to make sure you take good care of your body, mind and soul every day but especially after something like the COVID-19 pandemic. Learning how to eat right, reduce stress, exercise regularly, and take a time-out when you need it are touchstones of self-care and can help you anti-stress, stay healthy, and be resilient. All of us here at Reveal know what you are going through so decided to provide you with some “self-care tips” and some of our favorite things at Reveal that make us feel recharged. So here you go.
(1) Don’t forget to eat regularly and drink plenty of water. Especially when our minds or hearts are stressed, we rely on our bodies even more to help us trudge forward, so make sure you’re fueling yourself with a balanced mix of veggies, fruits, nuts, carbs and protein.
(2) Under so much stress that you are sweating more than usual? Yikes! We have just the cure. Many patients who visit us find themselves exhausted by constant irritation and embarrassment that excessive underarm sweat can cause, particularly through the hot summer months. Even prescription anti-perspirants are not always effective for all patients. However, thanks to an innovative non-invasive treatment called miraDry, those concerns about sweating can be permanently eliminated. Now that sounds awesome.
(3) Did you know the facial massage activates your sympathetic nervous system? This reduces your anxiety levels and uplifts your mood. If you need science to back this up, click here. There are hundreds of pressure points on your face that are connected to various systems in your body. Just by spending an hour with our Aesthetician, you will have destressed your entire body. Wow – sign me up!
(4) Your face is one of the most noticeable parts of your body; therefore you want it to look as good as possible. Unfortunately, as you age, the elasticity and collagen in your skin declines resulting in laugh lines, fine lines, crow’s feet, sagging skin, wrinkles, age spots, and other skin conditions. COVID-19 certainly didn’t help with the wrinkles now did it? Sometimes In addition to Injectables and Fillers, we have a Picoway Skin Rejuvenation treatment that can make you walk away feeling brand new.
(5) Good skin care is important for the following reasons: It helps your skin stay in good condition: You’re shedding skin cells throughout the day, so it’s important to keep your skin glowing and in good condition. An effective routine can help prevent acne, treat wrinkles, and help keep your skin looking its best.
(6) Laser hair removal is simply the best option and the only solution to prevent and eliminate ingrown hairs. It is also a great option for those who have sensitive skin and experience skin irritation from shaving and waxing. You will save time. Laser hair removal eliminates the need to shave daily.
(7) Physical activity is not only great for your body, it is also a really helpful tool in your self-care toolbox. You don’t have to be a hardcore athlete, just getting moving and appreciating all of the wonderful things our bodies can do for us is therapeutic, too. Going for walks, especially if you can soak up some nature, can be just as powerful as running a marathon when it comes to emotional wellness.
(8) Getting regular exercise can help you sleep better, too, which is another crucial element in taking care of yourself. If you’re not getting enough sleep yet, tackling self-care may seem like just another thing to stress out about, but it can be really simple. Taking a bubble bath, playing a video game, painting your nails, working on a car, watching your favorite show or a silly cat video, reading a good book, or even just taking five minutes to do some deep breathing or meditating all count as self-care.
Doesn’t spending some “me” time sound really good right about now? We know it does. So, what are you going to do today to relax, be happy and take care of yourself? If you need some help creating a self-care plan, we’re here for you! Call us today and we will get you scheduled for a “FREE:” consultation. Let us help you “reveal” your best self. What are you waiting for? You deserve this!!